Steps to resolve will differ from the phone model and OS.
- Basic Troubleshooting
- OS-Specific Settings
- Phone-Specific Settings
- Other Settings
- Confirm that your phone is connected to the internet:
- Your phone is not in airplane mode. Android phone Settings > Network & Internet > toggle to turn Airplane mode on and off.
- You have enabled cellular data.
- If you are on a campus or corporate Wi-Fi that has firewall restrictions in place, contact the network administrator.
- Check that your provider allows Web Socket connections.
- Make sure that your VPN or other apps are not restricting Dooth’s ability to connect to the internet.
- Update to the latest version of Dooth Android(hyperlink)
- Update the Google Play service app on your phone(hyperlink)
- Upgrade your Android OS to the latest version available that is available for your device.
- Confirm that the date and time settings for your phone are set correctly for your time zone. Compare to the time set by https://www.time.gov/ or by https://time.is/.
- Check if the notification appears in your Android notification bar.
- Check that you have enabled notifications on your phone.
- Android Settings > Apps (then Manage Apps for some users) > Dooth > Check on Show notifications.
- Dooth Settings > Notifications > Enable message notifications.
- Confirm you have not blocked the contact or muted notifications for the contact or group thread. View your conversation thread with this contact to look for the icons that indicate muting or block.
- Check if your linked Dooth Desktop has already viewed the message.
- Check that you have free space in internal memory, not the SD card. You can free up space by deleting apps that are not on the SD card.
- Confirm you have enabled WIFI or cellular data while your phone is asleep. Android phone Settings > Wi-Fi > Advanced > Always keep Wi-Fi on during sleep.